We also have both intake dates for our MSc , I thought we were unique !

I can message you off list

With best wishes,

John

Dr John Conway
Disability Officer
Principal lecturer in soil science
Programme manager, MSc Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security.
Royal Agricultural University
Cirencester, Glos GL7 6JS

On 1 Mar 2017, at 15:14, Helen Stocker <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Dear All

At our college we have both a September start and January start for students.

This has created an issue in terms of progression for the January start students. If they haven't completed or have failed a module, they have little time to re-do work before Spring Semester starts.

We are looking at introducing exams for referred work as this is the only thing that could be sat and marked in the window we have available. There would be summer exams for September start students who have referred work too.

A number of our January start students (plus September starters) have additional learning needs that could put them at a disadvantage when it comes to exams.

What adjustments would you put in place for exams? Sometimes giving extra time wouldn't be enough.

Is there another way we could assess these students?

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Helen
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0BzT8JmvFtP1FWS1VMUJCTFhrenM&revid=0BzT8JmvFtP1FdlFuSWNDUEJQSXRMQ1lWeFE4UCtkbjRrdlJJPQ][cid:]