To me it’s more about the lack of control and the complications of taking enforcement action should that prove necessary in the US.  When there are other safer ways to do the same thing, we’ll normally take that option.

Obviously if a service was not available in any other way then that might change our decision.

To be fair we do use SM for some basic surveys that don’t involve personal data.

Seth

Seth Speirs

Assistant Departmental Security Officer

Public Prosecution Service