Dear Cycling & Society list,

I have been following this list for a while, but have never introduced
myself properly. I am from São Paulo, Brazil, and have just started my PhD
in Urban and Regional Planning at the School of Architecture and Urbanism -
University of São Paulo. I am researching pro-cycling activism in São Paulo
under the hypotheses that the public policy in São Paulo was strongly
guided and enabled by the pro-cycling movement. The research has also an
analysis about the unfolding of the policy on the territory, but will use
political science methodology to analyze the social movement.

I am writing here because I would very much like to confront the case in São
Paulo with similar pro-cycling movements elsewhere. Preferably in the
American continent, because Europe, I believe, is in a different moment. Do
any of you know scholars that are analyzing cycling activists, either in
urban planning or in political science?

best wishes,

Letícia