Dear colleagues
There are only 10 spaces left for this event - if you have not done so
and would like to sign up can you please do so asap - and can you
circulate among your contacts in your division/school/post-grad
students/email lists and elsewhere?
Much appreciated
Many thanks
Jane

Dear colleagues

I would like to invite you to attend this conference I am organising
here at Leeds on 23/24 March 2017 co-convened between Centre for
Employment Relations Innovation and Change, the Leeds Social Sciences
Institute, and HOPE not hate.

Sign up here if you would like to attend as places will be limited;
https://goo.gl/forms/3cdzxCoa3CzYnifi1

Please feel free to circulate to anyone you think might be interested.

The conference is titled '˜A future for Post Industrial Communities?'
and for many people in these communities this is not an abstract or an
academic question -“ a factor that has become particularly evident since
the vote to leave the European Union in June 2016. While
de-industrialisation began before the Thatcher governments of the 1980s,
it has continued to accelerate, and today the process is felt hardest in
previously industrialised towns, where docks, mines, steelworks and car
plants that once provided a strong working class identity and where
there was skilled employment and a living wage.

Academics and practitioners will be presenting in a way which is
unfamiliar to many (using a technique which makes sure they focus in on
the important, key points). We will also spend a significant amount of
time in workshops as we don'™t think anyone has a monopoly of answers™
to the multitude of challenges faced by these communities, and we want
to make a lasting impact.

As such we believe that over the two days, practitioners and academics
can work together, pooling their practical experience and their
theoretical contributions, to create new knowledge “ that shapes a
'˜theory of change'™ that itself gives rise to a plan of action. There
won't be an edited book at the end of this conference, but we hope there
will be a series of interventions that support these communities to
overcome division, demand policies that facilitate long-term sustainable
regeneration, and effect meaningful change in their communities.

Sign up here if you would like to attend as places will be limited;
https://goo.gl/forms/3cdzxCoa3CzYnifi1

Best wishes

Jane

--
Professor Jane Holgate
Professor of Work and Employment Relations

Work and Employment Relations Division
Leeds University Business School
31 Lyddon Terrace (room 2.05)
University of Leeds LS2 9JT