Great, thank you Hillary.

Judith
________________________________
From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Hillary Shaw [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 30 March 2017 11:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New book - Food and the environment

The Reducetarian Solution, ed Brian Kateman, 2017, Penguin Random House, https://reducetarian.org/book

Reducetarians are those who reduce the amount of meat in their diet, either for personal health of wider envionmental reasons.

For every beefburger you eat, a wheelbarrow load of soil gets washed out to sea (my rough calculation).

Some interesting maps on which countries eat more than their fair share of meat (usual suspects, Europe, USA, also New Zealand, Arnentina), B Hennig & D Dorling, pp.213-215. - and many contributors too.

Confesssion, a little self publicity, as I have a contribution pp.210-212,  - also food timeline (new datea added) available at
http://fooddeserts.org/images/000Food.htm

Dr Hillary J. Shaw
Director and Senior Research Consultant
Shaw Food Solutions
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8QE
www.fooddeserts.org

This email has been scanned by MessageLabs' Email Security System
on behalf of the University of Brighton. For more information see:
https://staff.brighton.ac.uk/is/computing/Pages/Email/spam.aspx