yes thanks also Javier for this. you really break it down. the whole matter
is worth a forum in a journal i think. i've been (mis)directing my energies
toward making a global map of signatories. to get a picture of the global
context and as a tool for those of us who would do outreach to under-signed
institutions. the link to the map is below. i haven't yet learned postgis
or operating a vps, so its a (slippy) static map. any feedback would be
sincerely appreciated.

https://github.com/echoesinthestairwell/boycottmap3.8.2

in solidarity,
mahmood