Updated figures for UK grocery market share now online at

http://fooddeserts.org/images/supshare.htm

with link top of page to graph of UK supermarket grocery shares back to 1970

In the UK it looks like we have a failing middle - Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, are stagnating or losing ground.   Meanwhile at the top and bottom of the market, we have Waitrose, Sainsbury + Aldi, Lidl, Iceland, gaining.  In fact the bottom and top are becoming like each other as the hard discounters move into some upmarket lines, and the likes of Waitrose aim at the lower end with e.g. Essentials.

What's happening in other countries, any observations from critters elsewhere??

Dr Hillary J. Shaw
Director and Senior Research Consultant
Shaw Food Solutions
Newport