Call for Papers for the first University of the Highlands and Islands Archaeology Institute Conference:

‘Our Islands, Our Past’

14-17 September 2017

A celebration of island Identities, collective traits and traditions, through aspects of recent and contemporary archaeology, this conference intends to contribute to the Scottish Government’s ‘Our Islands, Our Future’ agenda, initiated by the Local Authorities of the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland.

Research themes include:

Please see our website for further details.

We wish to encourage multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary contributions that engage critically with Scottish islands’ archaeology, as well as comparative islands perspectives.

We invite papers, posters, exhibitions and installations.  Abstracts of no more than 150 words together with name, email and institution should be sent to: [log in to unmask]

Call for papers closes 30th April 2017.

We would be grateful if you could distribute this Call for Papers as widely as possible within your network and to anyone who would be interested.

With best wishes

The Conference Committee

Dan Lee | Lifelong Learning & Outreach Archaeologist

Archaeology Institute

University of the Highlands and Islands | Orkney College | East Road | Kirkwall | Orkney | KW15 1LX | UK

+44 (0)1856 569214

[log in to unmask] | Web | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Academia | Personal blog

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------