From: Jeremy Head [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 February 2017 08:47
To: Sarah Haines <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: supersaturated methane in groundwater?

Hi Sarah

The attached may be of use, I hope it is helpful.

Regards

Jeremy Head

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Sarah Haines <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear all – I have a conundrum.  Have any of you experienced dissolved methane results that not only exceed the saturation limit for methane in groundwater, but also are equivalent to 300%+v/v methane in air when Henry’s Law is applied?  If so, can you advise on the cause.  Could there be something else in the GW affecting the results that is not picked up by standard GW analysis for volatiles etc.?  Re-test has come back with similar results, the water is not saline, and is not taken from great depth, pH is normal.  The site is an old landfill, with elevated methane & carbon dioxide.

Hope someone can help, as the lab is not forthcoming.

Thanks, Sarah

--

Jeremy Head

Needles Eye