Nicola

Using the full building foot print may not be appropriate.  It will depend on the building foundation and floor slab construction and the assumptions you are making about the area of the ingress pathway (ie area of cracks).  For example if you are assuming a perimeter crack (which may or may not be appropriate) the larger the floor area you assume the lower the estimated vapour ingress will be compared to the fresh air changes inside the building (assuming crack width stays constant).

In a basement the worst case may be a room on a corner where cracks could be present at the interface between slab and wall and also at corner between walls.  Depends on type of construction.

You really need to consider the CSM for the building and make sure it fits the equations and parameters you are using in the risk assessment.

Steve Wilson, Technical Director

The Environmental Protection Group Ltd

Tel 07971 277869

www.epg-ltd.co.uk

Disclaimer:

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only and is confidential and may contain commercially sensitive material.  Any dissemination, copying or other use of this communication, other than for which it is explicitly intended, without the permission of the sender is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete it from your system.

Whilst all e-mails are screened for know viruses, the Company cannot accept responsibility for any which may have been transmitted.