Hi All,

Just share my experience, Windows 10 works for pymol 3D under Quadro M4000 with Nvidia 3D kit (no need to connect the 3 pin MINI DIN, Quadro M4000 does not have 3 pin Mini DIN connections). I use Asus 24 inch 3D monitor, connect the monitor with display port to display port of Quadro M4000, no active DP to DVI needed in my case. We have a problem for Coot 3D works even when Pymol 3D works ok, we are trying to figure out the problem but Windows 10 does work for pymol 3D under DP to DP port.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 6:39 AM, Yong Wang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Xiao,

I had a direct connection from display port to display port that had worked for several years (Windows 7).  Since last year I have been losing the stereo.  Often the control panel won’t show the 120 Hz like what you saw.  Sometimes I was able to forcefully add a 120 Hz resolution (using the “Customize …” menu).  But it was not stable, i.e. the stereo would stay for some time then disappear and go back to the state of not having 120 Hz.  I have not had time to investigate further into this but I suspect a driver issue here.  You may want to check the drivers for both the graphics card and the monitor.

Yong

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Xiao Lei
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 11:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Coot and Pymol 3D in Quadro M4000 Graphics Card under Windows 10

Taka,

I really appreciate this information! I do have Displayport cable and can connect the card and Asus VG248QE both via the DP cable, somehow on the Nvidia control panel in Windows 10, I do not have an option of choosing "120HZ" or "144Hz", I only have option choosing "60Hz" or below, which sounds weird to me. Windows 10 should make things easier not harder. If CentOS 6 works then Windows 10 should work, I guess I have to go back to Windows 7 if needed, but as I already ordered the DP to DVI active cable, I'll test this cable first and update CCP4bb later.