Dear Protein Crystallographers

This is a second reminder for proposals for performing crystal-based fragment screening at Diamond's XChem facility at beamline I04-1, for the next allocation period (Oct 2017 to April 2018).

The deadline for proposals is NEXT SATURDAY:  1st APRIL 5PM.

Details of how to submit at this page.

Full details of the facility are available here.  It supports the full crystal-to-structure experiment, and since opening for users in 2015, it has hosted over 40 users from academia and industry, with over 30 experiments (>40,000 crystals) consistently yielding credible, high quality fragment hits.  With the right crystals, it'll keep you busy for less than a few weeks; and you get lots of support and advice.

The previous call (Sept 2016) was heavily (3x) oversubscribed, and though we ought to have increased our capacity by next October, please pay close attention to the instructions and guidelines.

Access for EU users is now funded via iNEXT (if you follow the instructions!);  however we welcome all international proposals.

--
Prof Frank von Delft
Associate Professor

Principal Beamline Scientist: I04-1
Diamond Light Source
+44 1235 778997

Principal Investigator: Protein Crystallography
Structural Genomics Consortium
Oxford University
+44 1865 617583

Visiting Professor