*** Call for artworks ***

http://theodi.org/blog/call-for-proposals-lmao

Where is the humour in data? In these meme-fuelled, data-overloaded, statistically skewed times, we are asking how, when and where can data be funny.

Data infrastructures are revealing themselves to direct, redirect or misdirect our news, our governments and ultimately our cultures. How can we find the comedy – dark or light – in the flow of data surrounding us?

For the next Data as Culture art exhibition we are looking for artworks that interrogate data in ways that raise a wry smile, a full blown LOL, or a Black Mirror-style swipe at the future of open data.

Data as Culture is the art programme for the Open Data Institute. Exhibitions take place in the working environment, alongside ODI staff and visitors.

* Selection criteria
We are looking for framed or unframed, wall or screen-based works in any media which:
We are not looking for:
* Application process
Only applications submitted in the correct format via this online form will be accepted (http://theodi.org/blog/call-for-proposals-lmao).

* Eligibility
The call is open to all artists working with data, and we actively encourage applications from the groups below who are currently under-represented within our sector. These are artists from black, asian and other minority ethnic groups, artists who identify as LGBT, as well as deaf and disabled artists.

* Budget
Loan fee for existing works: £400 per selected work. Production fees for new works: up to £1,200

* Deadline 26th April 2017
http://theodi.org/

--
+++ www.translatingnature.org +++