From: Feminist and Women's Studies Association (UK and Ireland) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Clancy, Laura (clancyl1)
Sent: 22 March 2017 09:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FWSA Student Essay Competition

Dear all,

A reminder that the 2017 FWSA Student Essay Competition is open for entries! Please share with any students you think might be interested in submitting.

To encourage a new generation of feminist scholars, the FWSA sponsors an annual student essay competition for work which is innovative, interdisciplinary and grounded in feminist theory and practice. The top seven entries will be judged by our judging panel and will be published in the Journal of International Women's Studies. In addition, the winner will receive a year's free FWSA membership.

Student's at any stage of their studies at a British or Irish university are encouraged to submit work that has not been previously published and is not currently under consideration for publication, or for competitions which result in publication, elsewhere. Essays should be 6,000-7,000 words (including footnotes and bibliography), must be submitted electronically and including a completed competition coversheet. Please use your surname as the file name (e.g. 'ROY'). Please note that entries without the coversheet will not be considered.

The deadline for this year's competition is Friday 5th May 2017.

The coversheet can be downloaded from our website - http://fwsablog.org.uk/prizes-and-grants/student-essay-competition/

The previous winning essays from the FWSA Student Essay Competition can be read online in the Journal of International Women's Studies.<http://vc.bridgew.edu/jiws/>

We look forward to receiving your entries!

Best wishes,

Laura
Laura Clancy
PhD Researcher
Department of Sociology
Lancaster University

Postgraduate Forum Co-convenor, British Sociological Association
Essay Competition Officer, Feminist and Women's Studies Association
@Laura__Clancy
The FWSA mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to Feminism, Gender and Women's Studies. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the Association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or reproduction without the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify Northumbria University immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University. The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and/or amended.

The BSA Gender Study Group mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to any aspect of Gender Studies and scholarship. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the convenors or association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.