From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Martin Nutbeem
Sent: 23 March 2017 12:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Deep Linking to Blackboard Tab

Hi,

We're trying to link to one of our tabs from external sources. It's been set up for guest access, but when guests/logged out users use the link they are directed to our welcome/login page.

The usual method I would use to deep link to a course isn't working. Guests are directed to the login page. If they click the link again the page displays as expected, but it needs to load Bb for the first time to initiate, which obviously isn't a great user experience.

Any suggestions welcome!

Regards,

Martin

--
Martin Nutbeem
Technology Enhanced Learning Officer

A top 3 UK university with leading employers (2017)
A top 5 UK university for research (2014 REF)
A world top 50 university (QS Ranking 2016)[http://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/shared/email/research.jpg]

Un o’r 4 prifysgol uchaf yn y DU a’r orau yng Nghymru am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr.
(Arolwg Cenedlaethol y Myfyrwyr 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk

Top 4 UK university and best in Wales for student satisfaction
(National Student Survey 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk