Good morning, colleagues,

This message announces that the new *ARLIS-MEMBERS email list* will soon go
live.

ARLIS officers and council have long perceived the desirability of having a
way to communicate directly with the current membership, both for
administrative and organisational purposes, but also to afford members
first access to announcements of visits, training events, or funding
opportunities. Traffic will be moderated and minimal. As described on the
JISCmail site:

*This list is maintained for members of the Art Libraries Society
(ARLIS)/UK & Ireland, for administrative purposes, and to communicate
exclusively to the membership.*

From today, we will begin subscribing *current personal members* to the
list, [log in to unmask] with the email address that you supplied
on your application for membership. You will receive an email directly from
JISCMAIL LISTSERV alerting you to the fact that you have been subscribed.
The subject line will be:

   - *JISCMail List subscription confirmation: ARLIS-MEMBERS list*

We hope that you will perceive the value of subscription; if not, the
welcome email includes a link allowing you to *unsubscribe*.

If you would prefer to subscribe under a *different email address*, then
please get in touch.

And may we beg the patience of members in case there are any initial
hiccups in terms of list management?

Finally, if you do not receive this email today from JISCmail, it means
either that we have no email address on file, or more likely that *we have
not yet received your membership payment for 2017*. If you intend to renew
your membership, do please get in touch.

Thank you for your time,

Joseph

--
Joseph Ripp, Acting Membership Secretary
ARLIS / UK & Ireland

<http://www.arlis.net/>
<https://arlismatters.wordpress.com/>

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits
please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2013 at
http://arlis.org.uk/