Hello Dr. Nesbitt,

Thank you so much for this. The publication is directly relevant and very useful, though I had not been aware of it.

sincerely,

Daniel Fuks

From: Mark Nesbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:32:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; Daniel Fuks
Subject: Re: Marketplace contexts? Abbasid-era assemblages?

Hi Daniel

Do you know Delwen Samuel's work on medieval samples from Syria? Evidence of a very diverse and sophisticated agricultural system. Rural village rather than market place.

Delwen Samuel. 2001. "Archaeobotanical evidence and analysis," in Peuplement rural et aménagements hydroagricoles dans la moyenne vallée de l'Euphrate fin VIIe-XIXe siècle. Edited by S. Berthier, pp. 343-481. Damascus: Institut Français d'Études Arabes de Damas.
PDF: http://ancientgrains.org/samuel2001medieval.pdf

but it will probably be worth your while seeing the whole volume for the archaeological context.

Best wishes

Mark

Daniel Fuks <[log in to unmask]>