Dear Allstat,

I am currently recruiting for a fantastic new perm opportunity in Berkshire for a global pharmaceutical company.

We are looking for a Principal Scientist with experience in drug discovery.

Principal Scientist

Perm, Pharma

Berkshire UK

Salary: £65-75K pr. annum + benefits

(We can offer Visa sponsorship if required, please read the requirements below)

Scope of the role

The Principal Scientist will be responsible for accelerating drug discovery by enhancing the decision making process, working with a wide range of scientists to extract actionable insights from complex data sets.

You will bring mathematical and statistical expertise to increase delivery, building predictive models from disparate data sets, uncovering patterns in high-density data, and making those insights impactful thanks to a thorough understanding of the drug discovery process.

Skills and experience required

·         MSc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant to Life Science

·         You should have experience from the pharma industry or other related industry in Drug Discovery

·         Good knowledge of scripting and analytics software, including R, Python, Pipeline Pilot or KNIME, Tableau,or Spotfire.

·         You should be passionate about mathematics, statistics, signal processing, image analysis, machine learning, data mining, and data visualization

·         Fluent in big data management tools, Hadoop, NoSQL datastores as well more traditional relational databases

·         Demonstrable expertise in Machine Learning toolkits and major programming frameworks

·         Good understanding of Biology, Chemistry, and Drug Discovery is required.

·         Strong communication skills (verbal and written)

To apply or learn more about the position please contact:

Tel: 02030964701 E: [log in to unmask]

Connect with me on Linkedin

SIGNOFF allstat