Call for papers

Tomorrow’s World Today: new frontiers in mental health
1 June 2017, Stirling Court Hotel, Stirling University, Stirling

Proposals for papers for keynote and parallel sessions which can stimulate, engage and challenge delegates as we examine the changing state of mental health, consider the research evidence and put technology to the test are invited for this conference. The conference sets out to examine five questions:

·         How is our technologically enabled, globalised and digital society changing our understanding of mental health and wellbeing?

·         Can we predict what a society with good mental health will look like in 10, 20 or 50 years’ time?

·         Is there evidence that we are adapting and developing new attitudes, strategies and technologies for looking after our mental wellbeing?

·         Alternatively, is our uncertain, unequal and fast changing world putting an intolerable strain on our mental wellbeing?

·         What are the necessary ingredients for developing and maintaining a healthy, connected mind throughout our lives?

Chaired by Martyn Evans, CEO, Carnegie UK Trust, the conference is a partnership between Support in Mind Scotland, The Open University and Voluntary Health Scotland. The event will promote dialogue and collaboration between policy and decision makers, researchers, thinkers, practitioners and people with lived experience.

Submissions from all academic disciplines, advocacy and non-profit organizations, people with lived experience and public and private sector organisations are welcomed. We also encourage participation by undergraduate and postgraduate students.

Abstracts or proposals of 300 words maximum should include title, names and contact information for author(s) and be submitted to Lauren Blair at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by email only no later than Monday 17 April

For further information about the event or discuss ideas about an abstract, please contact Lauren Blair on 0131 474 6189 or email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>