Dear All

I hope you are having a good week thus far.

I am currently reviewing our equality governance processes, including how we consider and articulate (and demonstrate due regard for) any equality implications in strategic decision making.

As part of this I am exploring new ways in which we can engage with strategic decision making committees, and I am helping re-develop committee paper templates to help staff to better consider and articulate the equality implications of their proposal/paper.

I was wondering if anyone has used any interesting and engaging strategies to get people to really interact with this task meaningfully so it doesn't just become a tick box exercise to get a paper 'through the net'? I am mindful about compliance-driven wording in templates which in my experience turns people off engaging meaningfully with the process.

If anyone has any bright ideas in this area, or if you have a good committee paper template that staff seem to really engage with (that you wouldn't mind sharing), please let me know offline. My direct email address is below.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Anna Spragg

Equality, Learning and Development Manager
Goldsmiths, University of London
New Cross
London
SE14 6NW