Dear Canaan,

For Australia I would add the following by a couple of my Department
colleagues, along with the collection of associated papers in the same
recent special section on Australian zooarch in *JAS: Reports*

Manne, Tiina, Balme, Jane and Weisler, Marshall. 2016. News from the south:
Current perspectives in Australian zooarchaeology. *Journal of
Archaeological Science: Reports* 7 687-688. doi:10.1016/j.jasrep.2016.04.004

And while I'm at it, for *reviews of the Caribbean*, see:

deFrance, S. D. 2013. Zooarchaeology in the Caribbean: Current research and
future prospects. The Oxford Handbook of Caribbean Archaeology. Oxford
University Press, Oxford, 378-390.

Grouard, S. 2010. Caribbean zooarchaeology, pp. 133-150 in Goñalons, G. M.,
Arroyo-Cabrales, J., Polaco, Ó. J. and Aguilar, F. J. (eds.), Current
Advances in Latin-American Archaeozoology. México: Instituto Nacional de
Antropología e Historia: Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología,
International Council for Archaeozoology, Universidad de Buenos Aires.

The volume, *On Land and Sea* (2004) by Lee Newsom and Liz Wing, remains
the most comprehensive zooarch (and archaeobot) treatment for the Caribbean
to date.

Best,

Christina

Christina M. Giovas, PhD
Lecturer in Archaeology
School of Social Science
University of Queensland
Michie Building
Brisbane St Lucia, QLD 4072 Australia
Phone:  (+61 7) 336 54928
Fax:  (+61 7) 336 51544

Associate Editor, *Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology*
Associate Editor,
*Journal of Anthropological Research*Post-Doctoral Research Associate,
Department of Anthropology, University of Oregon