Network & Security
Loughborough University
www.lboro.ac.uk

On 21 Feb 2017, at 09:57, David Rickard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Great reality check, but yes, the user has also had the device checked out by the local Apple store.  However we are asking them to go back with the evidence we have gathered as it could also be a faulty antenna.  The fact we have a couple of people reporting the same thing is what led me to wonder whether it is something more than just a broken phone.

Thanks for the idea though.

David

From: Wireless Issues in the JANET community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Elley
Sent: 20 February 2017 14:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: iPhone degrading 2.4GHz reception?

Hi David,

This may sound like a really silly question but have you tried turning the user's device off and on again?  Please don't shoot me!!!  We had a similar problem some time ago where a user's iThing just couldn't get on the network but nothing had changed at our end.  The old switch it off and on again trick worked :-)

Cheers,

Mark
Wireless Service Manager
IT Services, University of Bristol