On 08/02/17 17:05, Vadim Axel wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Guillaume.
>
> With regard to scaling: as far as I checked, it seems that I can just
> multiply (e.g., in ImCalc) resultant con image by a factor according to
> the amount of the data each subject has. Will  it work for any type of
> contrasts?

You can indeed apply a global scaling (as in the example on the slide)
on the contrast weights at the first level or rescale the contrast image
with ImCalc using that same scaling (and change the data type option
from its default value).
What I wanted to say in my previous email was regarding the situation
where you have eg 4 conditions and you compute a contrast [1 1 -1 -1]
and let's say that for a given subject there are no trials in the second
condition. Creating a dummy condition and setting the corresponding
contrast weight to 0 as explained below would create a contrast [1 0 -1
-1] whereas you should use [2 0 -1 -1] (and, even better, divide all of
these contrasts by 2*nSession).

Best regards,
Guillaume.