Hi Elisa,

Welcome to the group.  Your research sounds fantastic and I'm very jealous of your visit to RMIT, they're doing some great work there on self-tracking, exercise and digital ethnography.

As Katy mentioned, I have done running interviews in a few of my projects and more widely explore mobile methodologies and running. My first set-up, which I've written a little about here, was just to strap a recording device to my arm and running alongside another runner. It worked well in quieter places but in urban centres the noise and inability to stay side by side made that unsuccessful.

My current set up then is two recording devices (locked and stored in a pocket), each with a tie-mics & windjammers  (cost about £5 for 3 of them) attached to the clothes somewhere. Clap before set off running to align audio files when merging afterwards. Allows you to run without the need to stay side by side and gives a clearer audio. I'm also video recording using a Go-Pro Session on a head mount. That picks up the sounds pretty well too.

Hope that proves helpful and look forward to hearing more about your work.

Best,

Simon

Simon Cook
PhD Researcher, Department of Geography, RHUL
Research Associate at Run! Run! Run! International Body For Research

Email: [log in to unmask]" id="LPNoLP" tabindex="0">[log in to unmask]
Twitter: @SimonIanCook
Website: http://jographies.wordpress.com
RHUL Profile: http://tinyurl.com/rhulsimon

Recent publications:

Cook, S. et al (2016) 'Co-Producing Mobilities: negotiating geographical knowledge in a conference session on the move' Journal of Geography in Higher Education. Online First: DOI:10.1080/03098265.2016.1141397

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03098265.2016.1141397

Cook, S. (2016) ‘Run-commuting’ in: Sultana, S. and Weber, J. (eds) Minicars, Maglevs, and Mopeds: Modern Modes of Transportation Around the World, ABC-CLIO/Greenwood Press, Santa Barbara, California: pp.255-258

Cook, S. (2016) 'A Jensenian Approach to Mobilities' Journal of Transport Geography. Online First. DOI:10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2016.03.002 [Book Review]

Cook, S. et al (2015) 'Jography: Exploring Meanings, Experiences and Spatialities of Recreational Road-running' Mobilities. Online First. DOI: 10.1080/17450101.2015.1034455
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17450101.2015.1034455