I think you need to ascertain exactly what William Howard Taft did during his visit to England in 1922. There is an account of some of what he did in "The Life and Times of William Howard Taft" Vol 2 by Pringle - if you do a search on archive.org you will find a copy - the account starts around page 1000 - it mentions he dictated on his return to the US "an extraordinary and charmingly indiscrete" account of 30000 words which he sent to his children - that account will probably cover most of what he did on that trip - the papers of William Howard Taft are held by various institutions in the US but suggest you ask the Library of Congress

      From: Paddy at Tiscali.co.uk <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 10:58
 Subject: Re: Seeking three honest serving-men: can you help?

In response, attached is the image I built of people in the picture, as far as possible from the 1920s. Would never have managed it without Google images! I think Kipling IS wearing specs but the light is not right to catch the frames. Perhaps a slight glint over the left eyebrow? In the attachment you will see that he appears to be wearing on one eye only, again a trick of the light.  Thanks everyone for all the expert advice and interest, had given up but this has revived my original excitement at finding the photo! Paddy
Dear All,
Does anyone have access to photographs of Captain Bambridge, Elsie and Carrie Kipling of this period? Perhaps we could try and identify them?
Julia Hett