Dear Paddy,

John Radcliffe and I are on record as doubting that these are Rudyard,
Carrie and Elsie, and neither of us would win prizes on the rifle range, so
the possible unearthing of documentary evidence may well teach us that we
should be wary of these judgements!

It has already been a very worthwhile hunt, and I very much doubt that I
will be able to claim to be 'the man they called "Hi!"'. Thank you Paddy,
for Fit the First.

Best regards,

John