Just to say quickly, there is also realist work in similar areas that might be worth looking at, albeit not directly education. I’m thinking about Sonia Dalkin and colleagues work on CAB and my own study on a housing options service – I suppose the emphasis in these studies is on information/advice – not a million miles away from education. And as is often said, it is sometimes interesting to harvest mechanisms from similar areas! May be of interest in conceptualising programme theory etc…

Best wishes,

Andy

Andrew Harding | Research Associate in Health Research| Division of Health Research| Faculty of Health and Medicine|

C67 Furness Building| Lancaster University| Lancaster| LA1 4YG  ( + 44(0)1524592847

Skype ID: andy_leicester

Twitter: @AndrewJEHarding

Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andy_Harding

Academia.edu: https://lancaster.academia.edu/AndyHarding