Dear all,

This message is to report on progress with the RadStats book, over recent months. After the working meeting on the book’s contents organised by John Bibby, Humphrey Southall and myself at last year’s conference, we recruited two further editors: Jan Böhnke (now at Dundee University) and Sally Ruane (De Montfort University). As a result of one day meeting in London, and regular skype teleconferences, we have made promising contact with a publisher, worked up the suggested list of topics from last year, and recruited an exciting group of authors. (Copy of current version of the Chapter Structure attached.)

We would welcome your comments on the general shape of the book; a suggested author for any of the few chapters still lacking one; and a specification (preferably a short outline) of any issues apparently omitted that you feel would merit a chapter in the book.

** Please reply to  [log in to unmask] , not to individual editors. **

Humphrey and myself will convene a lunchtime meeting at the upcoming Edinburgh conference. Our subsequent step will be to submit a full proposal to our preferred publisher. We aim for the book to be published in late 2018 or 2019.

Best wishes,

Jeff (+ Humphrey, Jan & Sally)

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk. *******************************************************