Hello,

My name is Alexandra Chirvase, a MSc health Psychology student at the University of Surrey, and I would like to invite you to take part in a study accessing the effectiveness of the use of a writing exercise to improve work related experiences, feelings and well-being. All employees over the age of 18, working in various job roles in the UK, and not receiving any other form of psychological therapy are invited to take part.

The study will involve completing an initial questionnaire to determine eligibility to participate. If you meet the inclusion criteria you will be invited via email to complete the second part of the study which requires you to fill in an online questionnaire about your well-being and you will be sent one of two writing exercises. The exercises will involve writing about work for 20 minutes on three consecutive days. Detailed instructions on the writing exercise will be sent to you. The writing exercise is completed at your own home. You will then return the completed exercise in a pre-paid addressed envelope. Once you have completed the writing exercise you will be emailed again after one month and three months to complete an online questionnaire. In total, the study will not require more than two hours of your time.

The following link, will you to the initial questionnaire, https://surreyfahs.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/…

All collected data is anonymous and confidential and in appreciation for your time you will be entered into a prize drawer with a chance to win £20 Amazon voucher.

The study has received full ethical approval from the University Ethics Committee.

Please email me at [log in to unmask] for further information regarding the study.

In advance, I would like to thank you for your time.

Alexandra Chirvase