[Appologies for cross-posting]
We would like to invite you to a unique one-day event on 18th Feb: "Maps without borders: Stories of civic science in action" in London

This storytelling exhibition showcases powerful aerial maps created by citizens using kites, balloons, and point-and-shoot cameras. We explore how people around the world are harnessing the power of Do-It-Yourself techniques to address local environmental, social and political matters.

Sitting around a proverbial campfire, we will tell four stories of women and men, unsung heroes in the U.S. and the Middle East, who have crafted tools and gathered evidence that has reconfigured the perception of space, place, and issues that shape their lives. Their maps take us on the journeys that reveal who created them: their challenges, struggles, and successes in achieving change in their communities. These maps lie at the intersection of technology, science, the environment, and social justice; they reveal the power of engagement and how people are creating alternative narratives of place and transformation.

Free event. Meet one of the map-makers in person narrating her story.
More information and RSVP (few tickets left): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/maps-without-borders-stories-of-civic-science-in-action-tickets-31320308887
Wheelchair accessible.

Any comments or questions? Message me directly.
Best,
Cindy

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)