Hello all,

I'm delighted to let you know that today Technicians Make it Happen has
launched a new video celebrating technicians -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJCiBSI1WZA&feature=youtu.be
<http://gatsbycharitablefoundation.createsend1.com/t/r-l-ykuthuuy-l-y/>

I’d be grateful if you could* share the video* via your own networks and on
social media. The work of technicians is vital to each and everyone one of
us – let’s come together to celebrate their contributions.

Why not also take this opportunity to share the stories of the technicians
who make it happen for you and/or your organisation?

Thank you to everyone who has helped us spread the message so far!

*Background information*

The UK needs around 70,000 new technicians each year to replace those
retiring or to fill new posts. Technicians are the linchpins of the UK
economy, their skills are integral to many of our country’s high-growth
areas, including the aerospace, chemical, information technology,
engineering and manufacturing industries.

If the UK is to address its skills shortage, the contributions that
technicians make to society must be much better understood and valued. That
is why last year the Gatsby Charitable Foundation launched ‘Technicians
Make it Happen’ (see more at *technicians.org.uk*
<http://gatsbycharitablefoundation.createsend1.com/t/r-l-ykuthuuy-l-t/>), a
campaign that is working with employers and partners to celebrate the UK’s
technicians and broaden society’s understanding of the vital work they do.

Huge thanks,

*Kate Ford​Gatsby Charitable Foundation*

*Email: *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
*Tel: *+44 (0)20 7410 7041

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)