Charlotte,

If you are prepared to consider that there London, I recommend the air quality monitoring carried out by the No to Silvertown Tunnel Campaign. I was a part of this project until leaving the Great Wen in the summer of 2014. It is ongoing work, and I can put you in touch with the organisers.

The Silvertown campaign has been measuring roadside levels of NO2 - a pollutant emitted by catalytic converters fitted to diesel vehicles - at strategic locations in southeast London and directly adjacent areas across the River Thames. Data have been validated and analysed by researchers at the University of London. In carrying out this citizen science experiment, the Silvertown campaigners have shown NO2 significantly in excess of legal limits, and this before the construction of proposed new river crossings in east London. The pollution is associated with the existing Blackwall Tunnel.

Francis

--
Dr Francis Sedgemore
journalist, writer and recovering physicist