*Apologies for any cross-posting*
Hi all,

Join us in London for a lively, free panel debate on the current status of science spending in the UK on the evening of Monday, 27th February.

Cancer kills a third of us, and yet we spend less than £3 per person per year on public-funded cancer research. We spend less than 0.5% of the amount we spend on energy on research to make energy cheaper and greener. And discovering the Higgs boson literally cost peanuts: our subscription to the CERN lab is approx £1.50 per person per year - the same as the UK peanut market.

So why do we spend so little on science, and what should we do about it?

You’ll hear from:
  • Naomi Weir – Deputy Director of CaSE
  • Jonathan Adams – Chief Scientist at Digital Science
  • Andrew Steele – Computational Biologist at The Francis Crick Institute
  • Jennifer Rohn – University College London / Science is Vital
  • Mike Galsworthy – Founder of Scientists for EU
  • Susannah Maidment – University Brighton
Register free now!
Come along to the Digital Science venue in Kings Cross, London, from 6.30 - 8.30pm to enjoy beer, wine and snacks.

We're looking forward to the discussion, so please register for free above.

Best regards,
The Digital Science Team

digital-science.com

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)