Hi Charlotte,

An example of a citizen science project which is close to my hereat is Aurorasaurus, which aims to give predictions of where the aurora are occurring on earth by a combination of manual reporting and checking of tweets which mention the word ‘aurora’. You can find it at http://aurorasaurus.org

John

> On 22 Feb 2017, at 12:04, Charlotte Martin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a citizen science project for my MSc dissertation. I hope to evaluate how well the target audience engages with the project, although the methods for doing this and other aspects of the project have not been decided yet. In addition, the project would receive advertising and promotion that could help increase engagement. I would love to work with a project targeting a specific audience (as opposed to the general public) in the South West but beyond Bristol. However, I will consider any project because I'm sure you've got some exciting work going on and I don't want to exclude anything! However, please bear in mind that I am unable to collect much data before June however due to the preparation work involved, such as getting approval from ethics committees.
>
> Thank you for any help in advance and feel free to get in contact with me directly at [log in to unmask]
>
> Charlotte Martin

> psci-com how-to:
> Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]
>
> To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets)
>
> • signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
> • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday)
> • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)
>
> Contact list owner at [log in to unmask]
> Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print

Dr John Coxon
Research Associate in Magnetotail Energy

Space Environment Physics Group
Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Southampton
Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK