I thought of cutting and pasting Phil's comment, but thought better of it...

At USW I cannot find reference to self-plagiarism in our regs. I can
see where crafty negotiation might allow students to get double
credits for their work, but what's at fault is the reliance on essay
style assessment. Recycling is good, or so I'm told. Certainly, I've
known lecturers ahem... reuse assignments.

Mike