Keith,

   Thanks for the examples. They're great! I found the Kuleshov effect
very interesting. It happened when I read the Haiku. For some reason,
I imagined the soft motion of waves in a type of blue-ish blurry scene
and heard the plop. It'd be interesting to identify what type of
(visual) predispositions results from a person's visual culture.

   When I say that I focus on "delightful interactions" rather than
"behavioral change," it's to make a type of distinction between
rhetoric as a means to describe the qualities of interfaces and
interactions (closer to the concerns of certain subdomains of HCI,
including "aesthetics of interaction" and "the hedonic quality of
HCI") and rhetoric as a means to create technology to support
behavioral or attitudinal change in the user (e.g., quitting smoking).

    From my perspective, delight has a persuasive (rhetorical) aspect.
As you commented, an enthymeme could seek a type of change and cause
delight at the same time. However, I want to emphasize that "the form"
matters. The Haiku has a careful selection of words. It's brief, but
somehow, serene, or perhaps joyful. I want to understand how rhetoric
can help us make the connection between shaping "the form" of
interfaces and interactions and the effects of such a form during
interaction time (e.g., delight).

Cheers!
Omar.