Dear Juan

You may be interested in the work we are doing on establishing a rhetorical
framework for the educational communication design studio.

Our current study examines how design students and design practitioners
implicitly or explicitly draw on rhetorical modes of appeal (*ethos,
pathos, logos*) to situate and propose their work.

The research aims to provide a means to examine rhetorical practice and
through the development of a framework for professional practice inform the
way design education may be approached.

As part of this we are also concerned with the need for a critique of the
positions which rhetorical arguments advocate and make available to be
taken up both by designers and to those they intend to appeal to through
design.

Here are 2 papers as a starting point:

http://www.drs2014.org/en/presentations/123/

http://cumulusmilan2015.org/proceedings/articles/abs-110-Training/

Please feel free to get in touch off list if you would like further
information

regards,
Veronika

Dr Veronika Kelly
Program Director: Communication Design
Senior Lecturer in Visual Communication Design
Art, Architecture and Design
T  +61 8 830 20671

City West Campus | University of South Australia
GPO Box 2471 Adelaide SA 5001