Cathy

I know that's why I'm running a CPD day in Exeter in May with a  Medical Speaker from DVLA as I am concerned about this.

I have had a few fails recently for medicals and I have referred them to see there GP so they can be treated. But I have had one who was not going to go. Luckily he did not drive a car outside work so he was managed by removing from driving for work.

But it's not easy as it depends on so many factors. BP is a hard one as it constantly changes and we take it when they are ' relaxed' and so if it's borderline but meets Guidelines then my concern is we know it will go up as soon as they start physical activity. Also what about other risk factors i.e. Smoking, FH, alcohol intake, stress, diet, weight....

Good question as we get so much guidance on other areas but ' fitness to drive' has been harder to keep updated apart from reading DVLA medical guidelines.

Dawn

Sent from my iPhone

> On 1 Feb 2017, at 09:23, Cathy Martin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> We are looking at how we deal with the DVLA's guidance about the notification of any relevant condition to the DVLA by doctors and health professionals. This states that they must notify the DVLA when fitness to drive requires notification but an individual cannot or will not notify the DVLA themselves. Taking into account confidentiality and potential conflicts with other interested parties e.g. employers, has anyone developed a policy or template letter to notify the DVLA or the individual's GP and if so would you mind sharing?

> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH