Dear all,

I hope it is not considered inappropriate for me to tell the list of the book I have just published, Invisible Weapons: Liturgy and the Making of Crusade Ideology, with Cornell UP.  I write partly to advertise (the press asks us to), but mostly to thank the list - and in particular Stan Metheny, John Dillon, and John Wickstrom, but also many others - for weighing in so reliably over the years on my numerous queries, from the liturgical form for rogation processions, to what preces are, and to many, many other question I have address to the list.  This will certainly continue on.

This list has been such a gift to me. I joined in 1997 (I think), on the advice of Phyllis Roberts, when I began my dissertation research on what I thought would be the sermon on Saint Louis.  I remember the day in the restaurant up at Columbia where we met so that I could ask her advice, and her advice was to join this list. I thank everyone for the lovely community. Many of the conversations I have begun here have turned into robust off-line and even in-person conversations and intellectual relationship of huge value.

I want also to extend my thanks to George, who (I believe) still runs the list, and everyone who takes the time to read and respond to each other's queries.

That's it. Onwards to new work and new questions.

Cecilia