From: Museums Computer Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Damian Etherington <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, 16 February 2017 2:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Touch screen apps

Hi all,

I’m looking at getting some touch screen displays and was wondering if anyone could recommend an app that works well in museums.  Ideally, I’m looking for  visitors to be able to navigate through a map, collections and also some Visitor Finder/email capture function. The multi-touch screens operate using a PC with Windows 7.

Any advice or guidance would be great.

Best wishes,

Damian

Damian Etherington

Senior Collections and Learning Curator

Colchester and Ipswich Museums Service

www.ipswich.gov.uk/museums<http://www.ipswich.gov.uk/museums>

Ipswich – A Fairtrade town

The information in this email, and any attachments to it, is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you should not have received it you must not take any action based upon it, or forward, copy or show it to anyone; please tell the sender you have received the email in error, then permanently delete it and any attachments. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Colchester Borough Council and/or Colchester Borough Homes. Although the Council has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the Council cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. **************************************************************** website: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup [un]subscribe: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/ ****************************************************************

[http://footer.mca.com.au/signature/PrimaveraAt25_EmailFooter_V2_1.jpg]<https://www.mca.com.au/series/lights-on-later/?utm_source=emailfooter&utm_campaign=cultureuplate&utm_medium=email>

IMPORTANT: 1. Contents of this email and its attachments are confidential and privileged. Unauthorised use of content is expressly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact us, then delete the email. 2. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. The contents of this email and its attachments may become scrambled, truncated or altered in transmission. Please notify us of any anomalies. 3. Our liability is limited to resupplying the email and attachment/s. 4. The Museum of Contemporary Art collects personal information to provide and market our services.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg