How can I be removed from the mailing list? I've been sent several links to request this but I'm still receiving emails.

Kind regards
Lynsay

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 17, 2017, at 4:37 PM, John Usher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This?
Apologies for the delay, AFK with my boy and his mum for a wet walk, with m=
aximum mud and minimum mard-arse-ery:)
I'm struggling with JISC's antiquated request response cycle, which I guess=
 confuses the issue for me.=20
Frances: you're obviously successful and strong willed, I don't believe for=
 a single second you'd be insulted by a light-hearted comment on a message =
board, let alone think I'd call you stupid. I suspect this is the most fun =
you've had with a post in a while. Judging by the number of replies, it's t=
he boards most popular post in a while.
John: If you're gonna' advertise your retiree status, I'll take a cheap pot=
-shot at it. And I'm going to take your fascinating PDCA and shamelessly us=
e it to crowbar in a  reference to a presentation Sue Lawson and I are givi=
ng at the Next Library conference.=20
http://www.nextlibrary.net/group/2017-connection-through-collection
We're exploring ways to engage with 'naysayers' (sorry, I know it's a loade=
d term) using the OODA loop
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OODA_loop=20
which bears an almost eerie resemblance to PDCA. We want to encourage commu=
nities to work with the 'nays' (apologies) and use them to plan a much more=
 dynamic service. =20
Let's keep this thread going and see if we can break into the 3 digit repli=
es, who knows by then I may be able to add an active html link.
Thanks again for your continued interest and attention
RV

I can think of better ways to put forward a viewpoint to encorage an email debate, but we all differ.

The OODA loop does indeed seem similar. Surprised I hadn't come across that as I also sometimes use military aviation analogies. Interesting to note in the Wikipedia article that the much lauded F-16 and F/A-18 aircraft (YF-17 originally - much modified) omits to metion that they have become bloated travesties of their original 'Lightweight Fighter' (agility) origins to do the job (destructive, unfortunately) their operators *really* needed. So the concept/specification was - at least in 20-20 hindsght - probably wrong - and now the much heavier (and expensive) 'raw power' F-35 is being deployed to (try to) replace (some of) them (unless Trump cancels it...). Swings and Roundabouts.

Disruptive Innovation - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disruptive_innovation - (a fond principle of a former supplier of my acquaintance) may also have relevance.

You could also look at 'Kaizen'  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen - and related 'Lean Manufacturing'  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_manufacturing - also related to PDCA. A little less aggressive in tone, I feel, than OODA which seems to imply a combative position.

Thanks for the link.

John Usher