From: Yasmin Faghihi <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Call for papers- Papyrus Curatorial and Conservation Meeting-
Date: 4 February 2017 at 15:35:16 GMT
To: Yasmin Faghihi <[log in to unmask]>

Call for papers

Third Papyrus Curatorial and Conservation Meeting, 29–30 June 2017 Cambridge University Library, UK

Following the first two successful meetings at the British Museum in 2015 and 2016, this summer a meeting is planned to take place at the University Library in Cambridge from 29–30 June 2017. We aim to start at 10:00 am on Thursday and finish at 16:00 on Friday.

We would like to invite submissions for papers of up to 20 minutes on the following subjects

·             Preventive conservation issues and solutions (regarding, for example, housing and storage, display, handling or reader access)

·             Innovative conservation treatments

·             Cataloguing & hidden collections

·             Digital access

We also invite submissions for concise Pecha Kucha style sessions ( i.e. 5-10 minutes) relating to

funding:

·             Experiences with successful/unsuccessful funding applications

·             Potential sources of funding

·             Collaborative funding/collaborative projects

In addition to a programme of papers, the meeting will also include:

·             A workshop on British Museum Curator Ilona Regulski’s Handbook for Papyrus Handling (to be circulated to attendees)

·             A visit to Cambridge University Library’s papyrus collection and Conservation Department

·             A visit to an additional papyrus collection in Cambridge.

A fee of £15 per day (£25 for 2 days) to cover lunch and refreshments will be charged, allowing us to keep the group together during the lunch break (which we aim to hold outdoors in one of the Library’s courtyards, weather permitting!).

Please submit your abstract of no more than 100 words with the registration form by 26 February 2017. Successful submissions will be announced no later than 4. March 2017.

Places are limited to 50 participants, we therefore ask you to fill out the registration form also if you are not submitting an abstract.  A payment form will be sent out together with the programme.

With best wishes

Yasmin

Yasmin Faghihi- Head of Near and Middle Eastern Manuscripts & Printed Collections
Cambridge University Library
West Road, Cambridge,
CB3 9DR, UK
0044 (0) 1223 764739

Chair- Middle East Libraries Committee MELCOM UK
co-Chair - FIHRIST
Member of the Board - The Islamic Manuscript Association