Thank you to everyone for their speedy replies. I seem to have opened a can of worms here.

Several people gave me a link to a 2006 article about Scopus which says “The database claims 4600 health science titles are indexed including 100% MEDLINE coverage, 100% of EMBASE coverage and 100% of Compendex coverage.”

However, Elsevier’s Embase pages say “Scopus includes most, but not all, Embase content”, before going on to recommend Embase for more comprehensive searches as Embase uses Emtree much more effectively.

I may have to contact Elsevier on this one.

Jane

Jane Falconer

User Support Services Librarian, Library & Archives Service, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine