From: UK medical / health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jane Falconer
Sent: 07 February 2017 11:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LIS-MEDICAL] Coverage of EMBASE and SCOPUS

Hi everyone,

I've just had an email from an academic who has had some feedback from a reviewer about the search she did for her systematic review. The reviewer says:

"EMBASE was searched, which is a part of SCOPUS, which has many journals from CEE which are indexed in SCOPUS but not in other databases (see, for example: Mongeon, P. & Paul-Hus, A. Scientometrics 2016)"

CEE = Central & Eastern Europe which is the area of the world the SR was looking at.

I'm pretty sure EMBASE is not a part of SCOPUS (if it is, I'll ask our acquisitions team to stop purchasing both!) but I can't find any reliable information to confirm/deny this. Does anyone know of anywhere this is discussed?

Thanks a lot,
Jane

Jane Falconer
User Support Services Librarian
Library & Archives Service
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street, London. WC1E 7HT
Tel: +44 (0)20 7927 2414
www.lshtm.ac.uk/library/<http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/library/>

[Winner-University-of-the-Ye]