From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rachel Oldridge
Sent: 09 February 2017 13:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [lis-e-resources] Science Direct authentication/https issues? WAM proxy and Shib

Hi,

We've noticed today that Science Direct is not working with our WAM proxy at all, is anyone else getting this? It's something to do with https, I'm sure, but it's not security messages this time, it's giving "504 Gateway Timeout The proxied resource, www.sciencedirect.com is not responding." I've implemented the usual fix for https resources, but this failed to make any difference.

Access via Shibboleth, which we use as an alternative, isn't working properly either. Initial login to the main site is fine, but
as soon as I do a search I get "The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could
be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to send this information?" - when I click continue, I get redirected through
sdauth.sciencedirect.com, and directed back to the homepage instead of the results, http://www.sciencedirect.com/, not the https version!

I have raised with Elsevier and Innovative, but I wondered if anyone else was having the same issues?

Regards,

Rachel

Rachel Oldridge
Digital Resource Manager