Thanks Rachel – this is very helpful.

Certainly, whether a tariff approach is taken or not, a realistic and honest approach to the amount of student time that should normally be devoted to assessed work is a really valuable idea. Explicitness and clarity about this would also be of assistance in helping students to plan how to make use of their  ‘independent study’ time effectively (and staff in guiding them to do so).

Best wishes

John

John Knight

Academic Developer & Learning Development Tutor

Bucks New University

Queen Alexandra Road

High Wycombe

Bucks