From: Internal Communications [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 February 2017 12:32
To: Internal Communications <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Registration open: Tenth Annual Learning and Teaching conference: Thursday 30th March 2017: 'Enhancing the student journey'

Tenth Annual Learning and Teaching conference: Thursday 30th March 2017: 'Enhancing the student journey'

I am pleased to announce that registration for the 10th Annual University of Glasgow Learning and Teaching conference is now open, and would encourage anyone with an interest in learning, teaching and assessment to book their place.

The Conference aims to stimulate discussion and debate about teaching, learning and assessment and is a key opportunity for colleagues from across the University community to come together to share experiences and learn about the innovative and exemplary work being undertaken here at Glasgow and in the wider HE community. As in previous years, we will be welcoming a number of external delegates who will bring other perspectives to our work.

We are delighted to welcome Professor Simon Lancaster as our keynote speaker. Professor Lancaster is Professor of Chemistry Education at the University of East Anglia, is a National Teaching Fellow, was awarded the Royal Society for Chemistry Higher Education Teaching Award in 2013, and is UEA’s Pedagogical Innovation Ambassador. His keynote will challenge us to think differently about how we teach and how we use the spaces in which we teach.

To celebrate our tenth conference, we are trialling a number of new approaches this year. We are delighted that five of our outstanding students who presented their research at the recent ‘Let’s Talk About [X]’ conference will be presenting to delegates; we have an exciting set of ‘Lightning Talks’ either side of lunch, to showcase some of the practical innovations going on around the University in learning, teaching and assessment; and we will be closing the conference with a Q&A with an expert panel followed by a closing address from the SRC VP (Education). It promises to be a stimulating and productive day.

Registration: The programme, together with abstracts and the web booking form can be found at:

www.gla.ac.uk/services/learningteaching/events/annuallearningandteachingconference/

When you receive your registration confirmation email, please check it and direct any queries to Fiona Bell: [log in to unmask]; telephone 0141 330 3370.

Please note that registration will close on Monday 6th March and that any questions about the Conference should be directed to Fiona Bell in the first instance.

All best

Matthew

Dr Matthew J. Williamson PFHEA

Director, Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service (LEADS)