Dear colleagues,

See below for (1) a request for Year Abroad information and (2) vacancies on
the exec committee from UCML

Best wishes

Sarah

(1)   Elena Polisca, our Vice-chair for Language & Intercultural Education,
has created a survey on the Year Abroad experience
(http://www.ucml.ac.uk/news/348; and see below for a letter from Elena).
Please can you ensure that someone from your organisation completes &
returns it, as requested, by Friday 3 March 2017.

(2)   Two roles on the UCML Executive Committee are now vacant. They will
both begin on 1 July 2017. They are advertised on the UCML website at
http://www.ucml.ac.uk/news/349 . These roles are:

*         Hon Treasurer

*         Representative for Linguistics.

Please encourage suitably-qualified colleagues from your member bodies to
apply. The Nomination forms & Role profiles are attached herewith. Both
carry the deadline of Friday 17 March 2017.

Thanks and best wishes

Naomi

LETTER from ELENA POLISCA

Dear colleagues,

I am writing on behalf of UCML (University Council of Modern Languages,
http://www.ucml.ac.uk/) to ask for your support in circulating the survey
link below.

We are presently conducting a survey to collect data regarding the various
practices of the Year Abroad experience in different Higher Education
Institutions. We are particularly interested in the attribution of credits,
potential language competence requirements, scenarios relating to the
failure of the Year Abroad and the allocation of grades where applicable.

The survey is anonymous and will take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.
Once information and data have been collected, they will be shared across
the sector through our website.

To access the survey, please go to:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUdtr8quB7wD5l_1kCohpUnVfEg-2Dmrph
o-KbDpDKLDyKRg/viewform The deadline for completing the survey is Friday 3
March 1017.

We would be grateful if you could forward this email to your constituencies
asking them to pass it on to the Year Abroad Unit of their institution.

With thanks and best wishes,

Dr Elena Polisca

VC Languages and Intercultural Education, UCML