Dear Colleagues,

 I need a reliable small, easily portable battery -driven rock-saw, with a minimum cut depth of 1”, for field use. I need to make small slices of quartz veins cutting red siltstones and shales. I have been on line and found a GMC with De Walt diamond blade tile/rock saw for £100. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this or other effective saws?

All best wishes,
John
Prof. John F. Dewey FRS, M.R.I.A., FAA, Mem. Acad. Eur., Mem.
US Nat. Acad. Sci., Distinguished Emeritus Professor University of California, Emeritus Professor and Supernumerary Fellow, University College Oxford.

 Sherwood Lodge,
 93 Bagley Wood Road,
 Kennington,
 Oxford OX1 5NA,
 England, UK

 University College,
 High Street,
 Oxford OX1 4BH

 Telephone Nos:
 011 44 (0)1865 735525 (home Oxford)
 011 44 (0)1865 276792 (University College Oxford)