dear friends and colleagues,

we would like to organize an informal workshop focused on the interplay
between mineral reactions and deformation. this workshop should be composed
of short talks followed by the fruitful fully interactive discussions on
this topic.

our aim is to create a brain-storming session that would cover all kinds of
views of this topic including theoretical formulations, experiments, from
microstructural to large scale direct evidences and numerical simulations.
we also aim to bring together senior scientists as well as motivated
students with conventional and unconventional-views to discuss where we are
now with our knowledge related to this topic, what are the weak points and
what is still missing and agree on some direction which this field should go
in future.

since we would like to encourage also non-european participants, we were
thinking about possible dates close to the goldschmidt and eclogite
conferences so i created a doodle with 2 possible dates and i would
encourage those who would be seriously interested to fill the doodle in.
they are both around august/september. if none of the dates fits you and you
really want to attend, you can suggest a possible other date in the comments
below the doodle table or writing me an email.

we want to make it as cheap as possible, so the idea is that the workshop
will be held at the ETH Zurich to save money for renting the space and the
food and drinks will be organized. at the moment we are searching for
sponsors so that there will hopefully be a contribution to the accommodation
costs. motivated students with limited funds can contact me with a letter of
motivation to see if we can find a solution for you to attend the workshop
as well. the flights cannot be paid, unfortunately.

the doodle is here:

http://doodle.com/poll/w23r5qciibxs6f28

cheers

lucie

PS: feel free to distribute this email to all potentially interested people-
thanks!

****************************

Lucie Tajcmanova

IGP-ETHZ